Friday, November 28, 2008

Podcasts

Did you know that turtles don't have ears?
So I have no use for podcasts whatever.
Peace out, fools.

[turns keyboard over to loving owner, merri30]
Wow, I can't believe Rocky is such a slacker, but, sure bud, I'll write this post for ya. Let's learn and play together!
I must say, I was initially a bit skeptical about this assignment. I did browse through the podcast directories given but, quite frankly, as a busy student who spends most of her free time studying and trying to nurse her sick turtle back to health, I'm really not interested in listening to people sound off on politics or sex or movies. Nothing in the "most popular" lists really appealed to me. I was somewhat drawn to music podcasts, but not overly enthusiastic.

Then I decided to go outside of these directories to Google. I'd recently read a fascinating book on the virtual world of "Second Life" and so I googled "Second Life" with "podcast." This took me to a really interesting recent podcast about the potential uses of Second Life by educators. I'm finding this really useful to my research.

Check it out:
http://blog.secondlife.com/2008/06/02/inside-the-lab-podcast-a-discussion-on-education-in-second-life/

So perhaps podcasts are more useful than I'd originally imagined!

No comments: